I don't understand your reasoning. You hunt with centerfires, yet believe inlines give an unfair advantage.

My question would be . if it doesn�t give you an advantage , why chose it ?

See at least for me , its not about why the design came about .
So why did Knight chose to build the 85.
Did he know about the earlier , historic designs . Personally I don�t believe I could be convinced that he did ..
No sir . If you read the base for his coming up with the 85 it was supposedly that he and some friends had been hunting with side lock guns and were having issues with consistency and poor ignition in the cold wet weather .
Also that he chose the design of the stock as something that today�s hunter was more familiar with and better suited to mount optics on .
The full story once was on Knights web site.
So in a nut shell what he produced was a design he felt gave advantages over the traditional guns that were available on the market .

Now myself , I call BS as IMO most of the problems he told about , despite what other say ,were IMO from lack of knowledge. There simply could be no other explanation.
As other entered the market , they all toughed the advantages of their models .With each being better then the next .
Are the Better. Well frankly not if you look at the very basic function . However if your looking for anything else , then you would be talking advantages.

As for myself . As I said before . If the modern shooter is restricted from using anything other then soft lead . Bore size or slightly sub bore size projectiles , no sabots , lose powder of eater Black or a synthetic alternative , none magnifying sights , exposed ignition . Then there would be little benefit/ advantage .
Frankly , speaking again for myself . I have never seen the modern inline as a better when compared to traditional designs . Having advantages does not make it better .

But when you add in all the bells and whistles that are offered today , it IMO becomes no different then if a person were to take a 30.06 , load a empty but primed shell . Dump 60 grains of lose powder down the bore and follow it up with soft copper jacketed bullet .
In the end though , the bullet its self doesn�t care what propels it . It will react the same for a given velocity . IE if BP propels it to 2200 fps , it will do the same as if a smokeless charge propelled it to that velocity .
So really the only real change you would have made would be to have slowed down you ability to load.

As to special seasons .
There are reasons for those seasons . Sometimes it�s a mater of location. Other times it�s a mater of environment and sustainability . still other times , as is often written by some , Just more time in the woods . Other times its about safety .
IE concerning Archery. Frankly as a former and long time bow hunter �yes Compound� . the only reason I now support a separate season is for safety of the hunter . Range has 0 to do with it .

15 even 10 years ago I supported and frankly still do in some circumstances , a separation between modern and traditional muzzle loading . IE let the modern folks have all the fun toys they want to use . While at the same time allowing the more traditional folks to have a time and or areas where they can hunt without competing with laser guided , expanding projectiles being guided on target by a FO drone .
In turn IMO both camps should then support each other . IE I support you and your rules for what you want and in turn you support me and mine
But sadly , that did not work here . Grass is greener on the other side of the fence thing .

Lucky with today hunter being what it is . I don�t have to even worry as its not all that hard to get away from at least the majority of people even during the general center fire season .
Frankly I don�t think it would be to far fetched to say that in another million years the human race will probably have evolved so as to have an ATV growing from their Ass
Tongue and cheek of course

[Linked Image]