Originally Posted by MILES58
Captchee,

Explain to me the difference using your logic between a .22LR and everything else.

The 22 kills just as dead and everyone else is doing it all wrong since 22 don't need cleaned but once a decade if that.

Funny , you want me to answer a question , yet you have not answered one yet ?
Again see comparison to arguing with liberals.

I fail to see you comparison. Seems to me by your reasoning , everyone should be hunting with 300 �s or 50 cal BMG . Never mind we passed laws making it illegal to use the 50 in center fire . Now I wonder why some would want to do that ,,MMMMM???????
Do you think the 22 cannot kill ? .
I can tell you it will and it will do it nicely when used within its practical range . When I was a boy , I killed a couple mule deer and one cow elk while setting on hay stacks.
a lot of folks around here used the 22 especially poachers .
I wonder , how far do you think the 22 will travel if its happens to be un obstructed and if you miss ?

now will it allow you to set on your back pourch and shoot deer in the field behind your house , nope . But when one takes the time to learn how to use it. then works within its effective range for the attended target . its will kill just as dead .
no big bullet , no huge casing . now large recoil .
nothing to thump ones chest and proclaiming how manly it is or how far you can kill with it .
nope none of that. doesnt however make it less effective of less efficiant when used propely .....

Anyway . I would like to again thank you for supporting the very reasoning a lot of so called traditional muzzle loading hunters don�t want modern muzzle loading mixed under the premise of muzzleloader seasons
Oh and just for you . Well, not just for you as i actually shot , recorded and posted this during another such discussion, very much like this one , 2 ??? Maybe 3 years ago ?

My target
1 shot .
10X10 target
175 yards , off hand ,
54 cal flintlock, . .016 ticking . Spit lube , 80 grains 3F behind a .530 RM
[Linked Image]

Friends target
Same yardage
1 shot off hand
Same target 10x10
50 cal cap lock , .010 patch . .490 RB . Windex for Lube 90 grains 3F.
[Linked Image]

Close up
You will see 2 hits
1) the paper tag �Kims �
2) 1 inch right , I inch high ,, �Mine �
[Linked Image]

Photo to target from firing line
[Linked Image]

Photo to firing line from target
[Linked Image]

Last edited by captchee; 11/15/14.

[Linked Image]