Originally Posted by Micro_Groove
I edited my post as to why. How many times are you gonna pop off more than three rounds in a light weight hunting rifle?

MG,

The ten shots don't necessarily have to be from a hot barrel. You can shoot them as three separate 3-shot groups, letting the barrel cool between each group and the results will largely be the same as what Clint is showing. Clint can chime in here, but I bet the first three out of the 10 he is showing didn't land in a little bitty group either. A single 3-shot group just doesn't provide enough statistical data to be an accurate predictor of where the next shot is going to land. If you'll take your favorite rig and load and shoot three or more 3-shot groups at the same point of aim, letting the barrel cool between each group, you'll see what I'm talking about. You won't be able to blame the results on barrel heat either�

John

Last edited by Hondo64d; 11/02/14.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14