Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Originally Posted by Tanner
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Originally Posted by Tanner
Shooting 10 shot groups in a Montana does not make much sense to me.

Tanner

Yawl are gonna make me shoot three groups of three shots with a single shot following to make a total of 10, then overlay them, just to prove 10 in succession gives the same answer.

As you can tell, I don't mind putting numerous rounds on paper. I've done 3 shots and overlayed them more than once. I now know that I can cut to the chase. I've found 10 shot groups to be a very good indication of where the bullet is routinely going to land. I've found it doesnt make a difference in the group size if one round is fired at a time, 3 rounds, 5 rounds, or 10 rounds, given a rifle with no stress issues.

I understand what you're saying and agree with the process, but I do think results might just be tainted a bit firing 10 shots in a row from a light rifle like that.

But that little rig does seem to be shooting very well! I'm loving my 308 Montana and 155 Scenars.

Tanner

Tanner,

You see the pic? Clint said he let the barrel cool completely between each group.

John

Yeah John, I did see that. I'm just referencing the initial post with the rapid succession 10 shot group.

Tanner