My two favourite accessories are my double bed and a heat reflector for the stove.

I built a bed using 3/4 ply to double bed dimensions. I used some hinge from the hardware store so it folds in half to fit easily into my utility trailer. It has two aluminum tubing cross pcs that attach with carriage bolts. This then rests on four 5 gallon buckets turned upside down. Obviously one bucket at each corner. This is super comfortable and my darling wife has been content to sleep for a week on this contraption with me.

The heat reflector is made from 22 ga galvanized sheet metal. It is 59"tall. It has a centre section that is 24" wide with "wings" 12" wide that are attached by spot welded hinges. It has 1/2 safety hems all around to eliminate any sharp edges. This allows me to place my stove tight to the back wall of my tent to free up room and not worry about tent damage or fire risk. This also throws a lot of the heat back towards the front of the tent and occupants making the tent a lot warmer when the stove is choked down. In fact even in weather as cold As -25c I have not needed to run the stove full bore once a coal base has been established.

Fuzzy

Last edited by fuzzyone; 11/08/14.

Pardon my fat fingered I-phone typing