Thanks for all the replies!

Huntsman22 and Bwalker, I agree that there are conflicting opinions on the floor thing. What I've come up with is sort of in between. I use the 3/4 floor that came with my tent. I just put it down and use a couple of old carpets near the cots for a nice place to put your feet on in the morning. However, I haven't cleaned, swept or washed the floor since I've owned it. I don't take off boots on the tarp, and the entire camp (10-15 people) gathers in the tent frequently. If you're going to do a floor, I'd do no larger than 3/4. This leaves room near the door to store wood, dig a hole for a dutch oven, and help soak up mud.

MontanaMarine, those look like they hold pretty well... ever had any problems getting them to come back out?

GreatWaputi, I made someting similar to the cot organizer out of PVC, but switched to the over the door coat rack because it's pretty handy to move closer to the stove when clothes are wet, or move back to the bunks when they're dry. I have one by each cot...

Fuzzyone, any pics of the reflector? Sounds like that may be a good idea for the cold nights and to help the heat more evenly distribute around the tent...

RockChuck, I agree with the self igniting propane torch. I honestly haven't started a fire in my stove with a match ever... And it's really nice not to have to worry about the matches when its dark and cold out (or in).

Varmitguy, I agree, the stove jacket water heater is very nice. It can be a pain to keep full with water depending on the use of the stove and how hot it is. However, I've been looking at the Zodi Extreme Camp shower. Seems simple enough just to put on the stove and heat it up... That would make the Royal Throne I have from Davis a little more useful.

Snake River Marksman, I haven't seen visqueen before. As for covering the tent with a tarp, I simply haven't been for the last few years. I had one the first year, as you can see in the pics below. Instead, I've had snow simply slide off the roof by tapping the roof from the inside. Easy and quick. (A warm fire helps too). Plus, I've been told and noticed that the hardest thing on these tents seems to be the sun.

Thanks again. I'm hoping for this thread to be a good reference tool with all the tricks, tips, etc in one place for future (and veteran) tent owners, so keep them coming. I've had a Kings Package (14x16 tent, 2 cots, stove kit) from Davis Tent since 2010. I spend between 15-25 nights a year in it with anyone where between 1 to 4 hunters in there. I wouldn't want more than 4 in there because it gets tight with gear. However, If we have 4, I usually add the 8 ft. porch on. It pretty simple and can be seen in the pics below. Its nice to park the quad and leave the coolers out there if its snowing. Saves ice and space!

I've learned that using coal helps make starting the stove in the morning easier, although it doesn't really give off that much heat. I make the coffee the night before, put it on the stove warmer. Then in the morning its a quick jump out of bed, break up the coals with the firepoker, toss a couple split logs in, open the dampers, slide the coffee over, and back in bed for an hour or so...

Pictures of my set up:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Remember: SAFETY FIRST................................................................................................then pull the trigger smile