Originally Posted by Mgw619
Leaving Friday to go to Bozeman for a week. The girlfriends mom and step dad live there. We are planning on going to spend a couple days in Jackson the first part of next week. Any must do must see things in either town or place close by. I have been there when I was a teen and snowmobiled through Yellowstone and I remember passing by the elk refugee and thats about it. Any recommendations for places to eat, bars, etc.?

I noticed Montana has some left over OTC non resident tags left.... Anyone want to drag me a long on a hunting trip???!!

Matt

�the "Gun Barrel" restaurant is a really cool place to go for dinner----guns and dead critters on the walls----can get bison and elk as well as steak and trout for dinner. They've gone down hill a little in the past couple of years, but still a neat place to eat dinner. North of town is the wildlife art museum---if you're into wildlife art, it's a definite place to go. The Wort Hotel is a great destination for dinner or drinks and the Million $ Cowboy bar across from the town square is a must-see (bar stools are saddles). The town square has elk antler arches in all four corners=a great photo op. The Bunnery (a block north of the square) is a must place breakfast=wonderful pastries.

edit: all of the above is in Jackson

Last edited by gmoats; 11/17/14.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.