We get up to Jackson a few times each year to see our sons. All the tourist stuff in and around the square is nice. Some of the shops command an oil baron's salary for sure, but are interesting. As for eating; we like the Snake River Brewery and a local place south of town called The Bird. Its a beer and burger joint with an attitude. Plus the owner has a free shuttle van back into town if your DD falls off the wagon (just tip the driver). The Bunnery as mentioned is great for breakfast, bring an appetite. Pearl Street Bagels has great coffee and fresh made bagels. Not to mention that the gals working there are quite attractive and I know they find me irresistible by the way they ignore me as one look my way and they would not be able to control themselves.

If it is still open (last winter they shut down seasonally) the interpretive center at the south entrance to Teton National Park is a good stop.Nearby is Dornan's Restaurant. Good food and a great view. The Wildlife Art Museum is worth the visit. Snow has set into town and elk may be heading to the refuge. The Moulton Barn, allegedly the most photographed barn in the US, with the Teton Mtns as its backdrop is a short ride out of town on Antelope Flats Road. Finally, if you are into history and museums, the Jackson History Museum, across from the Forest Service offices on Cache St has a good perspective on the areas roots.

If you don't mind a ride, head over to Dubois and the Bighorn Sheep interpretive center and a ride into Whiskey Basin where they winter over. They were already coming down when I was there in late October. Be sure to stop at the Cowboy cafe for homemade pie. Another good side trip is to Pinedale and the Museum of The Mountain Man. Both rides offer spectacular scenery and are about 90 minutes one way.

Have a great trip!

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz