Originally Posted by Sponxx
By the way, I think 4th poit offer is not to criticize Wheeler, Weaver, Brownells or any other brand, just a scientific test and offer to dispel myth, provide information and see what they are all about.
It is up to the consumer to decide what they will purchase, or not, based on the findings.

That's right Sponxx.

I just offered to test torque wrenches for people since I have the equipment handy and am interested in the results. The owners get data for their wrench, and the rest of us get to see how the different makes/models compare. Maybe the Weaver and Wheeler are accurate and repeatable. Maybe they aren't. The only way we'll know is to test them. Same goes for a $180 wrench. Let's see how they do.

Nobody in this thread ever said that ISO certification is needed for a wrench for their scope mounting. I just made a genuine offer to test a wrench for some people and others rant about ISO. Wow! Now my feelers are hurt! Can I file a report with Rick?

I have the equipment to test the wrenches. On calibrated equipment, in an ISO certified facility. This just gives us a little confidence in the data we get. Rather than some unknown, uncalibrated measurement device.

Jason