I've owned and hunted with two .375's over the years. The first I still own, a Mark X Mauser that's had some work done to it. I cut and recrowned the barrel at 22", and fitted two stocks, one synthetic and one walnut. Dave Gentry installed one of his 3-position safeties, and D'Arcy Echols a set of NECG express sights. Have had various scopes on it, including a 4x28 Leupold and a 1.5-6x Bausch & Lomb, but right now it has one of the new-generation 3x20 Leupolds in Talley detachable rings. It has hunted both in North America and Africa, and the scope has worked fine on big game out to 300 yards.

The other was a Ruger No. 1 that "GuyM" from the Campfire now owns and mentioned earlier in this thread. I never used it in North America except on prairie dogs, in preparation for an iron-sight-only safari in Botswana, using an NECG aperture sight and the factory front. In Africa it took my first Cape buffalo, and four plains game animals from impala to kudu at ranges out to 220 yards. I also used the No. 1 on a plains-game hunt in South Africa with a 1.75-6x Leupold, taking animals from springbok to gemsbok. It worked just fine that way too.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck