True story, few years ago chatted w/a shooter and his bud at the local range who was firing a few 300 Jarrett's w/Muzzle Brakes and Alpha Glass - Hubble Scopes.

LOUD as HECK. Asked one guy where they hunt and how far he's taken game. Texas. "Shot one deer at xyz and another at zyx." BOTH under 300 yds....I said nice. Meanwhile I was shooting my popgun 6BR, which I had cleanly taken a deer at 400 yds laughing inside thinking about how much punishment his shoulder and ears were taking! I get a kick out of others being abused by excessive recoil and blast while enjoying spotting my own shots and having longer range sessions learning my gear.

Then today, ran into a few locals - top comp shooters, one a world record holder - we discussed how many hunters use too much gun, he said there is a lot of "Macho" on the line. Nobody wants to be seen w/a little gun! Very true. How many guys put a 243 in their wife/girlfriend or childs hands and watch them dump animals over and over, yet will not use one themselves?