Several of you here own exceptional Model 70 rifles from a local Estate via my refferal to same. Examples from the past 8 or so years being an unfired featherweight in 257 Roberts, FWT 308 and an unfired condition regular model 70 in 30/06 etc. Now belonging to my friends here at 24hrcf.

It seems as though another one of the heirs to this once outstanding collection has decided to sell another piece of it. The rifle will be coming from the same person who had the above pieces.

This one is also in 99% condition or thereabouts and is a TARGET model, with heavy barrel and factory (I am told) Target blocks. The screw holes do not look to be boogered up or messed with. No dings or missing bluing.

This rifle came up for sale just this afternoon, and the owner also has its mate, a Target Model, in 220 Swift. So far, the Swift is not for sale, but if someone here buys the 243 they will probably get first shot at the 220 Swift at a later date.

So, what is a fair price for this, ASSUMING that the description is correct? Any of you Winchester Collectors here want to own this? I do not have any cash to buy and flip and am not messing with that stuff any more. If someone wants it I will put you directly in touch with the current owner.

Current owner thinks the Rifle is worth around $3,000.00 but is willing to (wants to) hear from persons more knowledgeable than he. And I am not knowledgeable on such things any more. Been out of the loop too long.

Estimates as to its correct current value, if description matches actual condition, of course, would be appreciated. So far, the other rifles from this person have been in new to near new condition. I am not much help anymore as I have not purchased a new blue book of gun values in several years as I am not involved in the gun show stuff any more, though I still hold a C&R license until it is due for renewal.

I hope one of the good guys here can snap this one up. Assistance with a fair valuation and some interested parties perhaps would be appreciated.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500