Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I agree about putting this one on GB. You will get much more eyes on the prize and probably get top dollar from guys with big egos and pocket books. With that being said, top dollar for one of these is $3,000.00 for a 98-100% condition specimen. Here are some numbers I'll throw at it from a very viable and useful reference:

The Red Book of Winchester Values, 3rd. edition:

90% condition: $2,100.00

98-100% condition: $3,000.00

I'd strongly suggest posting numerous photos of all angles of the rifle, if your intention is to sell it here on the fire. I don't buy into this bs about rifles being "99% condition" until I see them, generally in person is best for full appraisal.

Thanks, and the owner knows that he would have to show the rifle and have it photographed well before anyone spent that kind of money on such a rifle.

Eric has become an aquaintance of mine largely by being one of the first responders when my wife has needed an ambulance for me here. Heck of a way to make a new freind! But what the heck, one of my emergency room Dr's happened to need some 416 Rigby ammo for a cape buffalo Safari last summer, and it was with ammo that I loaded up and supplied that he and his brother took nice Cape buff bulls with laugh

We'd only be speculating and wild azzed guessing without some good pictures. As far as GB "being a bit over real market value", bull chit: Market value is based on any kind of sale: Internet or otherwise. If a particular rifle sells for $3,000.00 on an internet auction site, that rifle is worth that much on that particular day. No ifs and or buts about it. Now, "fair market value" is an entirely different subject..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA