j2dogs,

VERY good shooting there!

One thing that I think people overlook about the 10mm is its of shootability. Folks who do not shoot handguns a great deal can, IMO, do better with the relatively modest recoil of the big 10 than they would be able to a ccomplish with, say, a 44 Magnum shooting full house ammo. Much the way a shooter who does not practice a lot will shoot a 243 far better than a 30/06 in many cases.

Part of that equation is how much better a Glock 20 or a 1911 in 10mm handles and distributes recoil VS a traditional revolver.
I, myself do not get out to shoot nearly as much as I used to but I can get pretty respectable groups first shots downrange with my RIA 10mm and formerly my Delta Elite than I can my large bore revolver until I am practiced up again.

I have seen this with brand new shooters as well. Just some basic instruction on focusing on the sights VS the target, proper grip, and trigger control and they are shooting very respectfully with the 10 whereas with a 44 Magnum revolver the muzzle flip and noise and such make good concentration a bit harder in most cases.

Th e G-20 is a very good choice for a woods bumming gun for sure. If I did not have a 23 ounce 329PD, a Glock 20 could fill its role quite nicely. I have gone back and forth between the two several times now and niether is a poor choice by any stretch.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500