Friends,

No dog in this fight. That said, it has been my experience and observations that factory 44 mag from the major manufacturers is pretty mild. With proper loads, the 10mm is not even close to a hot .41 or .44.

That said, it still is an excellent performer and from a purely practical standpoint, the large framed Glock 10 mm with its high capacity and soft shooting characteristics is a stellar field gun. I've owned 3 G20s over the years and currently my G21 .45 is set up to also run 10mm.

Even long time Glock shooters, who often are cops who rarely shoot past the 25 yard line, are very often surprised at the accuracy that can be wrung out of the platform, with the exception of the .40 Glocks, which is a whole other subject.

.45 Glocks seem to be especially accurate and though it ruffles feathers, I've seen MANY factory 1911s that could not hang accuracy wise with a G 21 and the compact G30. In fact G30s are one of the true accuracy "sleepers" of the .45 world.

They will never hang with my Les Baer but my G21 will put a couple of my Colts to shame.

The 10mm versions on average don't seem to be quite the tack drivers that the .45s are but they are still substantially more accurate than most give credit for.

With that said, I would not hesitate to hunt deer sized game with a 10mm. Do I believe it's an equivalent of the .41 or .44? Not a chance.

However I do think highly of the large framed Glocks for field guns and consider them an excellent choice when needing a self defense sidearm in bear/wolf/mountain lion country.

In the morning I am heading elk hunting. I will be taking both a 5" .44 Magnum and a semi auto. This time however I am strongly debating skipping the usual Glock .45 and packing my Les Baer. The Glock is more practical but the Baer is an easy shooting Tack driver.....

Decisions decisions..

Cheers!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com