I've likely got as much experience as anyone using Kimber MT's... have had 8400's in 300 WSM and 270 WSM, 84L's in 270 and 30-06, and 84M's in 257R, 260, 7-08, and 308 (with multiples in most chamberings).

For me, pushing 54 years old, I've gotten weary of excessive recoil and can say the 308 MT with 165's and 270 with 150's are at the end of my fun limit, and what I care to deal with anymore.

All Montana's require excellent bench technique, and of the 16+ that I've had, all would shoot something sub-moa. Some would shoot a lot of stuff sub moa. However, if you're set on one bullet weight or one bullet design you're likely to be disappointed.

However, if you'll let the rifle tell you what it wants to shoot, and are flexible, you'll find something that provides excellent accuracy.

There's been a lot written on the forum about the various accuracy improvements that need to be made to the Kimber... I've bedded all mine from the end of the chamber to the tang (only way to do it IMO). Also, I've found a 2.5lb trigger pull is ideal, with no more than 3lb's at the top end.

For me, the 30-06 84L MT was too much of a good thing. Get a 270 84L (my favorite of the 84L's) or a 7-08 or 308 84M and you'll be good to go (the 8400 in the WSM's are heavier and bulkier and not to my liking).

Would also add, I've loaded for 4 84M Montana 308's and all shot a variety of stuff sub moa... if a Montana 308 doesn't shoot well, it's my experience the problem is the shooter, not the rifle.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery