I've got 4 Kimbers, only one of which is a Montana. Mine is a .270 WSM and I routinely take it out to 650 on gongs on my private range. I think it works out to 1 pound per 100 yards more or less. I found that Kimbers can be a little picky to load for, probably due to the light barrel. 3 out of 4 of mine has a fore-end pad of Devon put in with a few pounds of pressure. That calms them right down.

Recoil on these little things is funny. It starts out startlingly fast but just doesn't have the weight to plow you. Its like getting hit with the fastest feather you ever saw. Once my mind made the adjustment even my .338 Win Mag went from "what just happened" to "that's it?"

I'm sure that others have more shooting tips, but what I've found works is hanging onto them much harder than I do on conventional weight rifles. I use a grip on the pistol grip that would be described as like a very firm handshake. I think that helps calm the torque down. Try to keep the pressure consistent from shot to shot. Another is that the round fore-end that fits your hand so nice isn't ideal for sand-bags. Pay a little more attention to leveling crosshairs shot to shot.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.