I want to clarify my answer:
I like my 350 RM Model 600 with a Kevlar stock. I shoot 250 grain Hornady's and although I also have 250 grain Nosler's loaded and they shoot to the same point of aim, I don't think the premium bullets are needed at 250 grain.
But I've shot more game with 338 WM Model 70 again 250 grain Nosler's and Hornady's. In the 338, I primarily use the Nosler's for game.
Which one to choose? It depends on where I'd hunt, semi-open country or thick brush. The weather would have some influence in my choice also: Thick brush, rain or heavy snow - 350, Semi-open country, sunny,windy - 338. The 350 weighs a little more than half the weight of the 338; so since I'm in my mid-60's now, if carrying long distances was in the mix the 350 would likely get the nod. I sold my other 338 with it's Kevlar stock and if I would be lucky enough to have a license for caribou, moose, deer, and grizzly, I might restock the 338.
I think either would handle anything in the North America just fine.

Last edited by Bugger; 12/04/14.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally