Your game, play it as you wish. Possibilities are more defined by precision that terminal performance. Couple of things to consider:

1. CNS shots or go home depressed.
2. You can shoot subs with very soft lead, even pure lead if you choose, but they won't expand much at all. They will penetrate well due to the lack of expansion.
3. It is a close quarter endeavor.

I know the above because I've been murdering hogs with CB Shorts since about 2006 and have yet to lose one.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

For practical purposes the .30 Herrett loaded subsonic is little different from a .30-30 loaded with the same objective. I found something around 3.3 grains of Bullseye under a Lyman 311041 goes around 725 fps and sounds about like a SV .22 LR. That's the same velocity of the CB Shorts from my rifle. That bullet cast of anything around 50/50 lead/wheel weights is perfectly adequate. For that matter 30:1 Lead/Tin will do just as well.

Your primary objective, first and foremost is accuracy. Find that and the rest is fluff.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain