To digress just a minute to respond to the original question with some actual hands on experience, I bought a NF NXS 2.5-10x42 with MOAR, external turrets and zero stop and used it a bit this season. Overall, the size is excellent, and it is solidly built like a full-size NXS. The optics are better than the 32mm's. The optics work well in all light, low light, and even dark.

The MOAR reticle works nicely for hunting. The "floating" crosshairs really make a nice aiming point, especially when in a hurry. The MOAR and MIL-R allow for holding for wind, holdovers, and to see needed corrections, which the IHR does not.

This model comes with a choice of capped turrets or exposed turrets, so pick whichever is preferred. I prefer external turrets as correction can be dialed quickly and easily. Zero stops are a must have on any scope in my experience and opinion.

This model has externally adjustable illumination, with five different intensity settings, and can switch between red and green by pressing the button. Red is easier on my eye. In practice, the lowest setting is the one that is useful in low light conditions to minimize constriction of the pupil. The illumination can be helpful to contrast a black reticle against a black feral pig in low light.

Overall, the scope is very solid, tracks and returns to zero reliably. I ended up selling it recently, as I prefer higher magnification for some of the shooting I do, but I probably will end up buying another at some point. Definitely would recommend it over any other compact scope that I've tried.

It is more compact than a S&B PMII 3-12, so they are really not directly analogous. Between the two, the S&B 3-12 is the stronger optically with the 50mm objective. The laws of physics are a constant, so a bigger objective provides more light gathering capability and a bigger exit pupil. I never found the compact NXS optics wanting in any potential shot.

fwiw - I have shot feral pigs by moonlight on two different occasions with my NXS 5.5-22x56. I've used S&B a bit, and like them of course, but always found the NXS met my needs and always works.

[Linked Image]

Customer of the NXS compact 2.5-10x42 from 125 yards.

[Linked Image]