here is some pertinent info on USMC sniper scopes regarding S&B and NF for that matter

http://www.sniperforums.com/forum/optics/10721-m8541-ssds-problems.html

I dont pretend to be a sniper on the internet or anywhere else, i cant imagine either brand not holding up for the average hunter/turret spinner...

i had a pre-zenith S&B 1.5-6x42 fall (about 6 feet) out of my hand climbing a ladder to get into a tree stand. The scope fell top side first and landed on the top of the scope (ocular bell actually), i picked it up and 2 hours later shot 2 deer at 200 yards so I guess that bump didnt cause it to lose its zero...i usually dont throw my equipment around and drag it through the mud and mount it to atv tires and drive it underwater, so Im hoping to avoid some of these "issues"

here is a comment from above thread and I still wonder how much Premier had to do with the faulty S&B's

"The M8541 is extremely durable and it is hardly a case of the lowest bidder. I've personally tested one by dropping it from 8+ feet onto a concrete and gravel mix, tossing it, submerging it in 3 feet of water for two hours, hammer tent stakes, and dragging it behind my Jeep for 25 yards. In the end there was only cosmetic damage to the optic with no damage to the internals that affected image quality or tracking. In fact I threw the same optic on a bolt gun, zeroed it, and shot a match with it, taking 5th place."

Last edited by DAMARA; 12/16/14.