Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
By no means were any of my posts taking a Jab at ScenarShooter... IMO the 4-16 S&B that he referenced is probably one of the BEST S&B's made along with the 10x42 ... The M8541 that I referenced did have numerous problems originally and a large number of the original contract scopes had to be fixed including both Gen1 and Gen2 versions...

I have no idea who Formi is or do I care... I don't think his stance on S&B included the 4-16 Genera that Scenar and his SF buddy use ... If he has been around/used them he would be in the know that it is a stand up optic... I believe his problem with S&B scopes is the PRS Genera which has been problematic and does have issues... The scope that Scenars friend uses is more than likely a Unit purchased optic and not a contract optic...

As for me, well I'm just a half Breed taco eating mountain ape that shoots every now and then, so take what I say with a grain or three of salt...

100% correct with regards to S&B's and almost verbatim as to what was in my original post last night. It just isn't worth the effort to argue over. Pat seems like a stand up guy and I'm not getting in a penis measuring contest with anyone.

The 4-16x PMII's were unit purchases and almost always with H37 rets (at least that I have seen) and were very good scopes. Likewise the 1.1-4x Shortdot is and was a great scope, though has been eclipsed. S&B's problems started with 8541's whether that was thier fault or another's, and have continued with the PSR's. This isn't a secret in the sniping community where they are issued. The instructors at the committee that had a big hand in them getting selected don't even use them by and large, as they have issues holding zero. It's an issued optic and I see and use them regularly. They have problems.

Believe what you want, talk smack, it won't change it.

Originally Posted by ctsmith

I have a clue but will let Formi fill you in if he desires. I will say we are fortunate to have his perspective, which i weigh very heavily.

Thank you.