Jpro,

Same where we are not far from you. The only difference is that our cams are not revealing any action period. We saw plenty of deer until about the first week of November and it's been a bust ever since. I haven't seen this few deer in many years. The sad thing is with the cams not showing anything either, it sort of makes you feel they've either moved or there has been a die off. Our plots look untouched. You can dump corn in front of a cam and nothing touches it but vermin. Hunted my best stand 6 times and never saw the first deer. Put cams on all the good trails around it and caught a couple doe and a couple small bucks at night over a several week period. Many claimed it was from a bumper acorn crop. I thought that as well until I made several scouting trips in the only hardwoods we have and found no acorns. Very weird season. I even sat many times on long gas line ROWs to see nothing at all.

I can't complain though as I killed a really nice buck in the early season, so it's been a good year. It's just a bummer to hunt for a month and not see much of anything.

I'm moving to the delta to try for a month. Hopefully it's not the same over that way.