Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by renegade50

liberal limits on does in tn are killing the rut action and deer population
not to mention making the does a whole heck of alot smarter

less does = less breeding/rut time = less fawn recruitment= less deer overall

tn needs to look at this 3 doe a day limit and the effect it has had since 2008 and 2009

and the new biologist on ftcky needs a kick in the nads with earn a buck policy he came up with

once again
if you kill off way too many does
that = less rutting action and rutting time and also = less fawn recruitment

basic fuggin sense............................................

With fewer does, the rut you get will be a better/harder rut. There will be more competition for the does and better bucks will breed does and fewer cull bucks will breed them.

With an excess number of does, the rut isn't nearly as good. No competition for does. Bucks hookup and layup with a doe for a couple of days while she's hot. He'll try to move as little as possible with her to avoid other bucks. When done with her he will move to the next one who he won't have to search much for if there is a surplus of does.

With fewer does the bucks will move more and be more aggressive.

...but yes, there will likely be fewer deer if you kill more does.

I respectfully and totally disagree with the less does= more intense rut line of thought.
(it actually equals a shorter rut and the bucks go elsewhere to look for does once all the does have been bred on said land

I have heard that a million 6 times
and It probably works on areas you can actually control
like fenced private land or huge tracts of hunt club land

but when ya aint got no control over what the adjacent bubbas shoot on their spots
not to mention poachers
stuff people don't even tag
and then tn,s telepoach system which can be gamed numerous ways

having a good population of resident does on your property is the way to go for good hunting

then you get the satellite bucks coming to your palce instead of vice versa

I have seen this happen

bucks you never have even seen in October and November
show up in mid to late December to visit and scope out your resident does

I would rather have 20-30 resident does on 250-300 acres and a little common sense in killing a few of em real late in the season
and a have couple of good bucks hanging around breeding the girls for a longer amount of time espically when i know the ground than have less does and having the bucks satellite away to find does on other lands to get whacked by a bubba who will check him in via telepoach as a doe if at all.........
and then knowing you have unbred does for the smaller December rut coming into their 1st estrous for some late season action also