Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by renegade50
when all the brown downers in tn start complaining about no deer is probably when the govs cronyies on the twrc will command the twra to reduce doe limits so the population will rebound in overhunted areas

the brown downers are the root of this and eye candy limits for them as put out by the twrc to the twra for license sales are to blame also

from very reliable inside sources that I have spoken and others have also spoken too

almost 2/3rds of the twra biologist 5-7 yrs ago were against increased doe limits and having back to back ml and then rifle season
a lot of them are also in favor of a 2 buck limit
which most people I hunt with or associate with are also in favor of

our regs
are designed for the bubba brown downer hunters who get out opening weekend of ml and rifle
guys who might hunt 6-7 days a yr max is what drives our regs
and then the guys who have connections with twrc political appointees by the governor
good ole boy shyt................

the regs when we had 2 separate ml seasons and rifle seasons
and bow seasons worked just fine

at least the deer got a respite between ml and rifle with that week of bow inbetween

this was changed for simplicitys sake
cause it just soo confusing to your average hunter according to the twrc

b.s.
it was done so friends of twrc appointees could hunt back to back ml and rifle cause they was ticked off cause bow hunters got some pre rut and rut action

unfortunately it will never change

twra people have stopped fighting the govs appointees on the trwc cause of job security
which I have also heard from good sources

and going to the meetings don't make a difference in squat
unless you have some connection to a twrc appointee from your region

that is what is going in tn deer and turkey regs

the state needs to go to a 2 buck limit
and 1 doe a day limit and do a 3 turkey limit

then things will rebound

look at what they did when ehd hit hard in 2007

not a fuggin thing

they actually expanded unit l
and in some of the hardest hit counties at that........

trwc runs the show and has control of the strings of the trwa in all reality............

I'm with that. I just wish people would only shoot what they eat. I can't eat 87 deer a year, I'm not hunting to feed the homeless, I hunt to feed me.

+ 1

Here, here Scott !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"