magic age for knee replacement is 55, at 55 you have an 85% chance of it lasting the rest of your life....been told by some of the best that work on young guys and replace the knees of young guys, that at my age ill be harder on the prosthesis than someone older and will destroy it inside 10 years....success rate of the second one after i destroy the first is around 35% making it around a 65% chance per leg of being an above knee amputee after i destroy the first one and thats per peg as both have the same issue....

until i no longer have good days and can not walk normally given imin my early 30's no surgeon will touch me....Mayo just looked at my file and said dont bother coming out, there is nothing they can do...somewhere in one of the boxes of chit i packed up from the divorce is a file with the opinions of 8 different orthopedic surgeons, half of which work on young athletes(who else has knee problems before they have grey hair?) all say the same, tough it out as best i can as i am to big of a risk until i get to the point i cant walk normally....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books