Originally Posted by WayneShaw
I had a bunch of tests done to see if I have RA, but nothing was conclusive. I do have osteoarthitis.The doc put me on Plaquanil but it tore my guts up, and I quit. My joints still hurt though. My brother takes Celebrex and says he would be in bad shape without it. Aside from Aleve or Advil, what works best?

I don't know what works best, and what works for one person may not work for another...my knees started giving me problems about ten years ago...a few years ago, my hips too. I've tried most of the OTC remedies & have found that what I eat also plays a big part in how stiff my joints get. I avoid large helpings of pasta & can't eat it for consecutive days, or I get to hurting. I'm pretty sure it's the gluten. I've also noticed that when the first fall cold front moves in, it damn near cripples me...if I take Krill oil & CoQ-10, it takes quite a bit of the edge off the pain...
That being said, the thing that has made the biggest impact on the arthritis issue, has been moving to the desert here in Az. (Last week) from the damp valley winter weather in Sacramento. Every day, the pain issue & stiffness dissipates a little more...Last night, before bed, I took a 800 mg. Ibuprofen that was leftover from a previous injury & this morning I'm enjoying the most pain free day I've had in years. Virtually no stiffness at all.