Hello Ladies and Gents, thought I would join to share the story of Lefty's Monster.

Please bare with me because this happened some two months ago...

First off, I am the handsome devil in the shot with the nice buck. Secondly, this was my first hunt with Lefty, and I (and my legs and back) can vouch for the size of this deer. Remember, the young guys at deer camp do the work.

The day Lefty bagged this guy, everyone who had a buck was already back at deer camp, waiting for Lefty (he always was the last back to camp) to start chow. I heard a vehicle hauling a down the road, and low and behold Lefty comes roaring up to camp skidding out down the driveway talking about I just shot a monster. Ok.

Driving to the location Lefty states that the buck is only 150 yards away from a logging road, and its a one mile trek through the logging road (no vehicles). Fine lets get this over with I'm thinking. (The buck is actually 3 miles down the logging road, but one mile as the crow flies, thanks old timer. )

We get to the buck, and I am amazed, the darn thing looks like a freaking horse, its stinky, ugly, and looks retarded, did I mention it looked like a horse? The deer is down at the bottom a nasty clear cut pocked with missing stump potholes, and its already dark with this thing.

Did I mention Lefty's patented wolf protector he left on the buck? He has a patent on it so you'll have to ask him yourself.

The buck was so heavy it took all 5 of us to grab an antler/leg/tail what ever, and count to three and lift and swing/drag a few feet at a time. You could not walk/drag this buck on the ground, too hard, tried it. At least we had a deer cart that worked on the logging road, but the deer was too big for the cart, it just wasn't a fun night, and we had not even got to the truck. It took five men it seemed like 8 tries to lift this buck up to the tail gate and shove him up. Ridiculous. After all this loving/hugging we had been giving this buck, the gland oil was all over. Stinky mofo's for sure.

No one dared even mess with getting that guy out of the truck that night, no way, hungry, tired, and going to sleep. Lefty do it on your own bud.

The next night we dragged this guy out of the truck, and over to the tree to hang. My buck was a 180lb and we had to put the log at least nine foot high to keep the ten point off the ground. We go to hang lefty's monster, and again, it takes four of us to shove up and one on the rope/pully to take in the slack. Lefty's bucks head / legs were still on the ground when we bottomed out on the log/scale, even then the scale was damn near bottomed out. We tied the head and legs up and voila! Scale freaking pegged, even tried lifting up to see if scale was stuck, and it wasnt.

Lefty is not bullsh!ting. This guy really got a whitetail of a lifetime. I know I was there .