Several years ago, I bought a 700 .243 in varminter with a 26 in barrel.
Time was short at the purchase date so I threw together some loads with 65 g. Vmax, 70 g. Blitzkings, and 85 g. Sierra HPBT's.. Shot them at one hundred yards accuracy was excellent..Right around a 1/2 in to less.. Just rechecked some of these loads a 100 again this am and accuracy was excellent.. But when I got around to shooting these at 200 yards, about 3" groups is the norm.. I have a 3-9 Leupold on it.. I just can't see why the horrible groups at 200 and excellent at 100. I may try another scope.. But I am hoping some of the long range guys can offer some tips.. I have been loading for more than 50 years.. These are loads that have worked before.. A pal suggested I try Varget... I am stumped on this one.. I have thought of changing scopes, or stocks.. Never had a heavy barreled varmint 700 that would not cut one hole at 100 yards and do a fine job at 200.. At the time I was shooting the 243, I shot a 7mm08 at 200 and the accuracy was fine.. So I know I am not too old to shoot good groups.. Thanks.

Molon Labe