Klikitarik;
Good afternoon to you sir, hopefully this finds you and your fine family doing well.

Thanks for the interesting thread and of course thanks to those who've contributed too as it's always an interesting topic for me.

As others have mentioned, I drool every time Steve shows those Heron knives. The top knife in the third photo - horn scales and a bit of a Russell belt knife feel to it - is about perfect to my way of thinking. cool

Anyway we didn't shoot much at our house this fall so I believe this one was used for gutting. It's built from a 52100 blade I picked up on ebay, white maple scales and I cobbled a sheath up one afternoon too.
[Linked Image]

As far as the Buck knife goes, we've been fans of US made Bucks for years and became even more so after touring their factory a half dozen years ago.
[Linked Image]

That visit started my appreciation for their Vantage Pro line of folders and there's always one in my back pocket all season.
[Linked Image]

From what I understand of the good folks at Buck, they're quite good about customer service, so I'd certainly recommend giving them a shout to see what they say on your Vanguard.

Thanks again for the fine read and views Klik and all the best to you and yours this weekend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"