Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
What I enjoy about mine is I can still see the factory sights!!!with my nekkid eyes! I turned 59 last Thursday! As long as I can still see 'em. I'll continue to use 'em!

There is something to be said about that! I'm one year behind you and know exactly what you are talking about. I have 20/20 vision, but it doesn't start getting that way until about 20 feet... grin

I dread the day I have to hang up my M94 with peep sights, or quit shooting my Garands. Hopefully, that won't happen.

I'm a bit ahead of both of you and find that while my ability to use barrel mounted irons is compromised, receiver mounted peeps are still very usable. A larger aperture is easier to use, I have a harder time using the small diameter hole in my Sharps vernier tang sight unless a high contrast target is used. I love the bolt mounted peeps on a couple of my lever guns and the "Climbing" Lyman on a couple others. The Providence Tool Pattern 21 sight would look good on your Browning, Kaywoodie.

[Linked Image]

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn