Mr Rule has or had a Custom shop Bull that was checkered, his grain was very straight, he has never seen a target nor Bull with wood like this. great guy but he let me know he does not authenticate nor value ,appraise mod 70's. I guess a fellow pees no one off nor hurts feelings by those rules! More photos to follow! Im going to get some real good shots of the .375 H &H super grade up. The ones I took made it look like s#*t, It is fantastic with 2 small compression spots on either side but they are not deep, Im afraid to try the wet towel, iron trick as Im afraid I will screw it up! Ive seen it done and work Im just not that brave with such a nice gun. I brought the .338 home and have to pick it up and look see smile 3 times a day! You can tell the scope base plugs have never been out! Im thinking a good Doctor 6X fixed for that bad boy, I have 120 rounds of 230 gr. older Winchester fail safe ammo coming for it. I have asked around with no response. Have any of you guys used that ammo? Folks around here used to love the fail safe black box ammo. Very Best WinPoor