A few year back 3 brothers by the name of House were reunited to build a replica flintlock rifle. Prior to their bit of a falling out they were well renowned in American Longrifles circles. As I was dabbling in building flinters then I went to a show aligned with that craft. They were selling raffle tickets on the gun the brothers built as a fundraiser for the organization. Estimated value was in the realm of $20k as I recall. The question was asked as I filled out my ticket, if you win will it be fired. My reply was that I would invite my close friends over for an unveiling and allow each a photo posing with the artpiece. After that we would all move to the range and christen her properly. The gent selling tickets scoffed at the idea of shooting the piece, his partner at the table asked what it took to be my friend.

I am of the mind that these fine pieces were meant to be used, certainly not abused, but used lovingly in your own way. If that means cuddling up at the range and caressing the trigger until it belches smoke or merely sitting by the fire warming her soul with an oiled cloth only you can decided, and who cares what the guy that doesn't own the gun feels. Much like the debate over who would you pick, Ginger or MaryAnn? The key word is "you".
Enjoy King Tut and my sincerest thanks for sharing it with us all.

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz