Jason, thanks for taking my post in the spirit its offered.

Thing is, you can search pressure tested data far and wide and not find 2,850 with a 250 from a 24" barrel.

You have to use the entire "tapestry" of data as a backdrop in order to appraise your own loads.

If you're the lone-eagle out there with a velocity far beyond the data, it's generally because you're pushing things.

I remember when I got my first 338, and was a bit disappointed how hard it was to reach into the mid 2700's with a 250. When I cut the barrel of my first 338 to 22" it became absolutely impossible. But by then I'd grown to accept the cartridge was NOT the same as my best friends 340 Wby. 2,850 and a 250 is really 340 Wby country.

Frankly I see no need to run the 338 with 250's for lower 48 game, though there's nothing against it either. I did hunt AK in 1995 in Brown Bear country with a 338, but it was loaded with 225's.

Here's the last head of game I ever took with the 338, going back 15 years... Started out the morning at -12*F when I left the truck and the high was right at 5*F when I killed this bull in the afternoon. One of the hardest, yet finest days hunting I've ever had.

A 210 Partition is a game crumpler... it's extra velocity combined with the frangible front core makes a bit of a difference I'm convinced.

[Linked Image]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery