Sorry Gary, didn't mean to disrespect your gun nor infer that it is cheaply made (even though I used that word). What I was eluding to was that Remington did not bear the costs related to designing, and the tooling required to build, a non-form 4473 muzzleloader action and breeching system from the ground up. They took an almost identical route that Savage did when they brought out their first version smokeless 10ML. I still think it odd that they would bring out the gun without thoroughly testing it with the most popular and highest performing modern sub powder available. Does the owners manual that came with your gun even mention BH209? When they advertise it for 200 grains of Pyrodex, all I can think of is a filthy mess. I'm sure they're getting it sorted out and sounds like it will work fine, but to me that says they were pushing to market the gun. Again, not trying to trash the rifle, I'd probably buy one if I needed another. I like the looks of the laminated stock model with the receiver sight. Good luck with yours.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn