Originally Posted by VOUScrasher
Originally Posted by srwshooter
Originally Posted by 4ager
[quote=srwshooter]with black powder/bp substitutes being a total explosive it should burn everything you put in it.

Yes, and no. BP is an explosive, but it's blast characteristics are much different than smokeless powder, and thus the pressures generated are considerably different.

take your ml and shorten the barrel 5-6in ,i bet it will shoot faster. only thing slowing the bullet down is friction,less time in the barrel,less friction. short barrel shoots faster.
with smokelss it would lose speed.

Really

This has to be the dumbest advice I have ever heard concerning internal combustion properties for blackpowder or smokeless powder.
You need to shut the fugg up,stop putting out bogus science about friction and go read up on barrel lengths and powder burn rates.
Seeing the OP,s numbnut thread about "How I want to shoot smokeless powder in my new Remington 700 BP and BP substitute ML",is enough to drive anyone with common sense bonkers, the OP needs no help in injuring himself and is going to shoot smokeless powder in that gun come hell or high water no matter what anyone says to him about the danger of it.

The guy would lose probably anywhere from 20-50 fps in velocity for every inch he lops off a barrel.
And have unburned powder spewing out the barrel(probably half his charge)from lack of barrel length to burn the charge properly.

This is the stupidest advice I have heard in ages. This poster must be one of those gunshop pro types.

[/quote well,its very obvious that you have no clue what you are talking about.black powder is a explosive and does not burn at a so called burn rate like smokeless powder. you will gain speed with a ml barrel if you shorten it.i cut my tc triumph down to 20in long and gained speed. its been done,its a fact.i've seen it done with 2 tc ml'ers and a knight.oh,by the way,the guy that got me interested in cutting the barrel on my tc is a custom muzzleloader builder that shoots national events and was sponsored by knight for over 10yrs.i think he knows what hes doing.i watched him do his knight hunting ml and after seeing his results i did mine. the numbnut(op) is a good friend of mine and he is not planning on taking a rem ml out and shooting it with smokeless powder unless its been tried and tested to be safely done. he is only trying to see if anyone out there has done it yet.someone will do it very soon ,i'd bet on that.until you learn more and know what you are talking about stop the [bleep] name calling.