Backtobethel: I am happy for you on your decision to purchase this nifty older Rifle!
It sounds like you are more of a Hunter than a collector and this Rifle WILL be a fine Hunting rig for you.
I have a very similar Rifle that I used to Hunt with and it has been a success on many a Mule Deer, Antelope, Blacktailed Deer, Elk, Black Bear, Mt. Goat and Whitetailed Deer Hunt!
I retired this Rifle from all Hunting about 20 years ago.
I prefer a heavier Rifle when shooting afield, myself.
It tends to enhance my field accuracy!
Don't let ANYONE try to talk you out of a full sized Rifle for Hunting Big Game!
I have been using full size sporting Rifles for Hunting Big Game for 55+ years now and like I previously stated I actually prefer them.
I did go through a "ultra-light phase" about 25 years ago but those Rifles are seldom used anymore by me!
By the way I am impressed by the apparent excellent condition of your Rifles metal.
Good for you.
A tip for removing and then re-inserting your Rifles rear sight if you choose to do so.
Get a piece of leather (buckskin works well!) and pry that sights rear leaf up by hand and carefully remove the sight elevator!
THEN insert the leather under the sight at its bearing point with the barrel - then tap the sight out with a heavy hammer and a soft brass punch.
This is best done with the action out of the stock and the barrel supported at the sight boss against a vice or heavy object - again with the barrel being protected by buckskin under the sight and at the point of contact with the vice.
This may take "four" hands to do but I have done it MANY times without harming the Rifles finish.
Then reverse the sight and replace the leather so it won't marr the barrel when the sight is re-punched back to the correct position.
Enjoy your new Rifle!
And again, good for you.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy