I bought a Tikka in 338F from smithrjd and I like it very much. The complaints about the stock and original rings are both unfounded in my opinion. I've owned two 358s and a 338-06 but sold all three. I love this little gun, not too light and not too heavy. Good for a walk about rifle but heavy enough to hold steady for off hand shooting. It is very capable, when loaded right, of killing anything in n. America w/the 210gr Partition. For Texas hogs and deer I will load the 200gr Speer, Fusion and ballitic tips. I also have some 180gr ballistic tips but feel like the Federal shines w/the 200gr bullets out to 400yd. Please don't roll your eyes guys as I've already run the ballistics. I am going to send the original stock to Darren for one of his camo sponge jobs and have the barreled action cerakoted. I have put a VX3 3.5-10X40 w/post and duplex on top and am very pleased w/the set up. The recoil is a little less than the 358 w/200's to me. I bought this one to keep and really don't care if others like it or not. You couldn't give me a 223AI or a 260 but many of the guys here like them...and I respect their right to be a loony. I'm just a loony that has fallen in love w/the 338Federal. powdr

Last edited by powdr; 02/25/15.