Originally Posted by Reloder28
Where is your zero set? Normally zero my rifles @ 250 yards. Now that I have a turret to turn I was thinking about 100 yard zero. What's your opinion? My maximum self imposed range limit is 600 yards.

My zero is set in the bulls eye. Where's yours set???? whistle

[Linked Image]

Even the big guns get dialed in that way... whistle

Honestly though, it really depends on the capabilities of your rifle, scope, turrets, range you plan on shooting, reticle etc... Is this for your 300 wsm??? When I was shooting my 300 wsm (FN PBR XP), I ran 165's at around 3000 fps, dialed a Nikon Monarch X-tactical 4-16x50 and zeroed at 100 yards. I kept a dope sheet in my pocket for proven drops with that combo. Easily made 1 shot kills past 600 yards.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

For a lighter weight walking around hunting rifle, I've ordered custom dials with a zero set near MPBR, so I can take full advantage of the cartridge and range. Providing the said rifle is accurate enough to make clean kills at that distance:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This fairly lightweight hunting rifle (30-06 EW in Mcmillan edge stock) topped out at 660 yards as set up with scope/mounts, CDS, bullet used etc....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA