Originally Posted by Ringman
I use very high velocity cartridges and sight in at 300 yards. This means max height mid range is no more than 3". I can hold on to 350. After that I can twist.

So you actually hang targets at 300 yards and make point of impact and point of aim be the same? And every high velocity cartridge that you shoot with a 300 yard "zero" has a max ord of no more than 3 inches? Also what is the group size of your rifles and target size that you find acceptable?

Originally Posted by JGRaider
200 if using a CDS dial. MPBR (3"@100)with no dial.

Just trying to be sure- MPBR is +3 inches at 100 yards? What size MPBR?

Originally Posted by Fotis
200 yard zero

Do you zero POA/POI at 200? Or do you zero high at 100 for a 200 zero?

Originally Posted by Bbear
On my last hunting lease, I would sight in at 2.75" high. This gave me a MPBR of 325 yards with the load I was shooting. I knew that a 400 and even 500 yard shot was possible given wind judgement.
I lived in the midwest for a dozen years and most of my shots were either with a shotgun or short ranged (under 100 yards) with a rifle.
Since moving back to Texas and finding a new place to hunt, 90% of my shots are <100 yards. There are a few places on the ranch to shoot out to 500-600 and I'm working some loads, rifles and scope combinations back up to be able to take those shots. Haven't settled on a 'new' sight in range just yet.

2.75in high at 100 presumably? And that resulted in what zero? What size MPBR? And what size target are you comfortable with? What does your rifle group on average?