Originally Posted by rvp
Model70Guy, I guess if you zero for (minute of deer) most folks would not notice temp and humidity variations. However when shooting at a 1" bulls eye at 300,it is noticeable.Took my 1000 yard rifle to the 600 yard range and noticed a change on the second day we shot with only a 30/40 degree change. Reloader 22 changes a lot more than Varget for me. Most of the time a 1 to 2 inch change of POI on the side of a deer won't make a lot of difference to the deer. I was not saying any ones gun was not zeroed to their satisfaction. I shoot a 160 Sierra game king in my 7mag, 7STW and the 7mm ultra when using them for hunting. I still like the old 264 mag for my area.What caliber F class rifle do you prefer ?

I missed this one, but better late than never.

I like the STW as well, have 4 of those now. Since I generally just use them as general purpose zero to 600 heavy sporter, none of those are even wearing a turret scope at the moment. One has a CDS, and two B&C reticles. The last one has a Zeiss plex reticle and I'll swap that out for a Mark 4 one of these days and think about VLDs. Since for the use I put them to a hunting bullet is well suited 3 out of the fourare using 160 grain Accu-bonds. I use the same bullet in my 7 Rem as well. I have a lot of fun with my .264 Win Mag too, even though logic does force me to admit that anything it can do a 7mm or .300 can do better.

For the most part I shoot F-Class with my long range hunting rifles, since I like my shooting to have a point. I use a .300 Win in Open, and a 1-8 twist .223 in F-TR. That one may not have a real point, come to think of it.

The last match I shot was a modified format, with distances of 600, 800 and 1000 yards. We used the 300 yard target at 600, and 500 yard target at 800 and 1000 to give a 1/4 MOA V-bull and a bit of extra challenge. We reasoned that since we invented F-Class the rules are whatever we wanted them to be, and allowed muzzle-brakes to let the big .338s play. I used my Defensive Edge Canyon Rifle in .338 Edge for that match.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.