Thanks, it's likely it will never happen again laugh. I love the accuracy of the rifle and it puts elk size critters down very well too:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
She was trotting through the scrub oak at 85 yards away. Rifle has a ballistic plex reticle, so I keep it dialed in at 100 yards. That works great for elk hunting, since most of my shots have been less than 100 yards in the timber. Got lucky and found this one in the scrub oak. Kind of a narrow shooting lane though. I'd say it's just as important to stay practiced up in the off season as it is worrying about your zero. Keep things as simple as you can on a pure hunting rifle. Make sure it functions without failure, is accurate and you'll be doing great. Truth be told, for most hunting situations the use of MPBR will be the best place to set your zero. This is if you don't dial and don't use a ballistic plex reticle. MPBR is the most efficient and easy to use method for zeroing a hunting rifle, but it's not talked about too much here. Maybe things have gotten too modern and guys forget about it. Who knows???

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA