Originally Posted by Klikitarik
… do you feel you really need to make a solid, well-aimed shot?

You guys that have 'been there' know the deal: sometimes you have lots of time, sometimes the opportunities are sudden and brief. How much time do you need to make a confident shot?

Given my druthers I'd rather take a good rest and a deliberate shot. It don't allways work that way though, my last whitetail buck a 4x6 I took from offhand at 65 yds, the buck was running for all he was worth left to right, total time less than a second just like shotgunning on flushing birds you run on instinct or forget about it. That rifle an I been together for 45 years so I can get away with saying I am familiar with it. I am not telling anyone else how to do their shooting, I've shot a fair amount of running game and got the job done contrary to the advice of some internet experts on the fire. Some folks hunting out there just don't have a kill mode and screw around forever trying to get a shot off. Lack of skills, lack of experience, whatever can't talk for anyone. It isn't my problem on anything I'm after sitting, standing, walking, running, or flying I operate off instincts. You asked Magnum Man