I've never understood how a person could be successful if they couldn't get off a decent - not talking a 0.6525" precise- shot within about 3 seconds. It is truly painful to watch a person have to 'get set up', then take 10-15 seconds or better to get everything pointed 'right,' while the quarry saunters out of view.
[/quote]

You've just perfectly described how I feel when I take my nephews or son-in-law or Daughter #1 antelope hunting.

My nephews in particular interpreted "bet on your bellies and crawl to the water tank" as "bend over at the waist and keep the antelope in sight as you hustle to the water tank". Of course that meant my nephews were in sight of the antelope and the antelope did the predictable.

Can't get my nephew or daughter to practice with the bipod so they have to fiddle with it every time. I've lost count of the lost shot opportunities.

This fall I'll have Daughter #3 antelope hunting as well and Daughter #3 will be elk hunting in addition to antelope hunting. Since I wait until last to fill my tags the prospects are dim...

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.