Although I have the capability of riding a ten mile radius. The two areas I hunt, we ride in about 3 miles and last year killed two elk there in ML season. One opening day, one the next and the saw elk there three more days. One fellow just could not hit one. We have killed elk there every year for 5-6 years within a half mile radius. Another area, we consistently kill at least one elk in the same place every year. Last year rifle season we killed two.The same area, I have killed three elk within 200 yards of each other in different years.

A new area, I might ride those ten- twelve miles the first year or so to find the elk, but once I know the area, I very seldom move much.

In the bowl below. I killed 8 bulls in 8 years running. Most of them were within 200 yards of each kill. I don't hunt it anymore because I told a few guys about it, they went then without me, they told their buddies, who told their buddies and soon you couldn't find an elk there because all those guys didn't know how to hunt elk and ran them all out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles