Originally Posted by ironbender
Your culture stems from where you were raised, primarily up through mid-teens. it instills your commonly held speech patterns, and celebrations and observances.

Some, especially military brats are raised in a different location every 2-4 years and often don't form those 'cultural identities.

Often, people will adopt and/or substitute the cultural norms of their current location.

As has been mentioned, there is more and more blending across this great land of ours.

I'd guess that my dad was a product of one of the great blenders in our society. Ie.-WWII...

He was born and raised deep south.

I was born a construction gypsy kid, but most of my early memories are deep south...

I'd agree that not all of the blending has benefited our nation. It let the camel of tolerance into our national tent.
Tolerance is a popular notion, but played out it leads to system dependence, and supports such calamities as gender equity.

Gender equity demands that any 90 lb school girl with a degree can be the principal of a high school that teaches a mix of kids including 200 lb.+ boys.
This leads to zero tolerance school policies, and eventually to those policies being enacted as legislation. What utter bullshit we have come to accept...

I do believe that national elections are important. I think that to fundamentally change America for the better though, we need to start with our school board elections and get rid of the 90 lb school girl principals...

"Chances Will Be Taken"