Im going to go a bit off topic here, 4064 is your friend! I have owned 3 220 Swifts, the first was a very early tang safety varmint barrel Ruger, it shot anything you stuck in it to a 1/2 inch if you could half shoot! I did not know when I bought it new with a 6 x 18 ao redfield but Douglas made the barrels back then. (1970's), I traded that gun to buy a 59' Winchester Varminter ( Win made 904)in swift, it shoots as well BUT is a lot more picky on ammo !!! I also own and bought a NIB mid 50's std mod 70 with an internal adjustment 10X unertl scope, so far an inch is best I have found ammo on that gun. The Ruger had well over 3000 rounds thru it and still would shoot into 3/4 inch when I sold it to a guy in NM.I sent many a fellow back to Tallahassee FL from the coon bottom gun club minus many 100 dollar bills with that gun! OK, I started out shooting Yellow Winchester super X ammo ....HOT stuff, then a case of hot Norma. Guys I moved to Hornady grey box custom ammo I bought by the case lots from a now closed outfit named Lock, Stock and Barrel, the ammo was slow compared to Norma and Winchester BUT super,super accurate. LONG story short warp speed does not always mean tack driver accurate! DAMN I wish I had my Ruger back! On handloading the 4064 was the bomb! very best WinPoor
I save all brass and boxes I think the Hornady was a 50 or 55 gr bullet loaded to about 3800 fps, not the fastest BUT damn it is cloverleaf, one hole stuff, i do not know what their new stuff is or what they have now that took this stuffs place!

Last edited by winchesterpoor; 03/07/15.