I had been home from my first BCFS fire Lookout, 90 days alone, no breaks, food, wood and water packed on my Trapper Nelson No. 3 for a couple of months and hung out with an older guy at a well stocked but crooked gunstore in my home town.

He was a rabid JOC fan, actually HAD a Biesen .270 Roy on a Pre-war action and was nuts about getting another .270Win. He told me of his desires and how he knew the location of an UNFIRED Alaskan .338WM in town.....

I had seen ONLY two, one at a ludicrous price at the above gunshop and one in a window of a now closed guns and electronics shop on the main drag of my town. This, was several years earlier when I was in Sea Cadets and always was late for parade due to standing in front of this window, wishing and hoping.

So, one fine day, I went to the home of the guy who had this rifle and it was the SAME one I had long lusted over as a high school kid with ZERO $$$$$. I had no money, BUT, the old chap knew my parents and we lived a few blocks away....he offered to sell me the rifle for $200.00 paying as I could.......

I was PUMPED and got it paid for in days, somehow, and then it was MINE!!!!

It is one of the nicest pieces of wood I have seen in scores of P-64s, as smooth an action as I have ever felt and it shoots VERY well.....I have it in the third synthetic stock I have used for it, the condition is VG and I now seldom use it, but, it will be with me until I die.....

I LOVE this fine,old rifle and trust it totally.