My Grandfather gave my Dad a 1957 FWT in .243 to deer hunt on the family place in San Saba TX. It still had the 10X Unertl Ultra-Varmint on that the previous owner, a judge in GA, had on it. He used it as his truck gun for crows. Apparently it went back to Winchester at some point. It was free-floated and glass bedded and there was a business card from the Winchester Custom shop under the forend for a little pressure point.

My Dad only used it once and determined he was much more a pheasant and quail hunter than a deer hunter.

When the USN had the wonderful insight to send me to Washington State my Dad gave it to me and I rescoped it with the a Leopold 2.5-8X33. I hunted with it many years in Washington and then on the other family place in Kentucky. Killed a lot of deer and groundhogs with it over the years. I have no idea how many rounds have been down that barrel but it still shot very well even though a 55 gr Sierra would just fall out of the case before it ever found the lands.

I gave it to Jake, my nephew, when he was 13 a couple years ago and he has killed his first 2 deer and a coyote with it so far.

[Linked Image]

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated