Originally Posted by ajHilgy
I've been a fan of the AA CF hull for years. But recently I wanted to load some 00 buck loads and used some of the new AA HS hulls and discovered the construction difference. Also found the Rem Gun Club hulls to be like the AA CF's. These have all been loading just like my old AA CF's. The only problem I've run into with the newer mfg'ed hulls is the Rem STS. My W-W 209 primers will not stay in the hole. They slowly work out just sitting on the bench. I am glad to know that the new hulls can be used when my stash of AA CF's run out.

I have never had a WW-209 primer work out of A Rem STS hull. Not all primers are the same length or diameter. I have loaded thousands of Rem StS and gun club hulls with WW209 primers with no issues. I'm curious if a Fiochi primer was reloaded into the Rem STS hull as a previous reloaded hull?? The Fiochi primer is a tad larger in diameter...or so I've read.

I have loaded 12 ga buck shot loads and used the older one piece AA hull using data from the Lyman shot shell manual. The Federal hull has more internal space and is better suited to 1 3/8 to 1 1/2 oz loads.

Doc